1. What do I bring on a duck hunt? You will need a 12/20 gauge shotgun and shells - steel shot #2-#4 shot in 3 or 3 1/2 inch. Waders or waterproof outer layer, hats, gloves and warm clothing.
2. What license do I need and where do I purchase? All residents/non-residents are required to have a current Missouri small game hunting license, migratory bird permit and federal duck stamp. These are available for purchase at any Wal-mart in Missouri and online through the Missouri Department of Conservation. You can find the link under the links tab on our homepage.
***OUT OF STATE HUNTERS PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO PURCHASING YOUR HUNTING LICENSE ONLINE
Hunter Certification is required to purchase firearms permits for anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1967.
To purchase your firearms permit online, send a copy of your card or certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (615) 523-2923. Please include your date of birth along with your phone number. Allow approximately 48 hours for your certification to be added to your profile. To purchase firearms permits immediately, display your hunter safety in person to any Missouri permit vendor.
If you were born on or after January 1, 1967, and have no proof of hunter certification, you will be required to purchase the Apprentice Hunter Authorization in order to purchase firearms permits. To see more details visit https://mdc.mo.gov.
PLEASE NOTE: You must send an image of the actual state-issued card or certificate, or state-issued duplicate. Hunter certification is not accepted off a license or permit or by simply typing your certification information. Once hunter certification has been added to your profile, you will be able to purchase your permits online.
3. What type of terrain will we be hunting? Our duck hunting is done over flooded corn, milo, millet and flooded timber.
4. Are kids welcome? Yes, we welcome kids from the age of 12 and up. Kids under the age of 16 must hold a hunter's education card or be accompanied by an adult who does. No minor (17 & under) can come hunt with us unless they're accompanied by a paying adult.
5. How far am I from the nearest town? You are about 5 minutes from Advance, MO where you will find a gas stations, McDonalds, Subway, Dollar General and a grocery store. You are about a 40 minute drive from Cape Girardeau and a 20 minute drive from Dexter. Both have lodging, food and Walmart.